Note: several of the how to guides were written for a specific Jolly product, but the concepts and techniques discussed in each guide typically apply to other Jolly products.
Signature capture can be set up for the registration process, the check-in process, the check-out process, or any combination of the three. The setup is identical for all three processes. Fingerprint capture is only available for the registration process and setup is identical to the signature capture setup.
- Using an administrator account, open the software and select ‘Properties’ button near the group dropdown menu:
- Select the ‘Registration,’ ‘Check In,’ or the ‘Check Out’ tab as you choose. Select the ‘Capture signature’ or the ‘Scan fingerprint’ option as you choose and then select the ‘Configure’ button:
- Select how you want the signature to be saved. You can store the image in a database field by selecting the field to store it in, you can store the image as a file outside of the database, or you can choose to not store the image. In order to save the image outside the database, select the ‘Insert Folder Path’ button and choose the folder in which you want to store the photos. Here we have chosen to keep the files in the Lobbytrack folder for simplicity (we do not recommend this however):
- Select the ‘Insert Database Field’ button:
- Select the field you want to use and then select the ‘Insert’ button:
- Add additional fields as you choose and add the filename extension. Here we have added an underscore followed by the first name field from our database (avoid spaces in the file name, you should use underscores instead). You can store the filename in the database if you choose, simply select the field to store the filename. Select the ‘Ok’ button:
- Select the ‘Ok’ button to save the changes: